|Monday||8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
The office remains open at lunchtime.
- Access to documents held by the Municipality
The right to access a document held by the Municipality is subject to the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information.
Filing a request to access a document
The request must be filed in writing:
- by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Request for access to a document” in the subject line
- by fax: 819 843-8211
- by mail: 21 Millington Road, Austin, QC J0B 1B0
To be valid, a request must be explicit enough to enable us to locate the document.
Processing of a request
A request for access to a document is processed within 20 days of receipt. This period may be extended a further 10 days, in which case the applicant will be notified in writing.
Access to a document held by the Municipality is free of charge. However, reproduction fees shall apply for copies.
When access to a document is denied, in whole or in part, the applicant may appeal the Municipality’s decision to the Commission d’accès à l’information.
- Declarations under oath
If you must make a declaration under oath:
- Make an appointment before presenting yourself at the Municipal Office.
- Make sure that you bring all necessary documents, as well as a valid ID with picture.
This service is free of charge.
- Property assessment roll
The Property assessment roll is an inventory of all immovables (land and buildings) in the territory of the Municipality.
The present roll is established and managed by Jean-Pierre Cadrin et associés, an independant firm of certified assessors under contract to the Memphremagog MRC.
A new property assessment roll is valid for a period of three years (a « triennial roll »).
The present roll was filed with the Municipality in September 2017. It covers the years 2018, 2019 and 2020.
The roll is reviewed every 3 years to ensure that property values adequately reflect the real estate market.
The Municipality may extend a triennial roll for a further 3 years when there are few fluctuations in the real estate market.
In 2017, the Municipality extended the roll for another 3 years (2018, 2019 and 2020). Property valuations, therefore, reflect the real estate market conditions as at July 1st 2013.
If there are no changes made to the property (e.g.: construction, demolition), the valuation recorded in the roll is valid for the entire period covered by the triennial roll.
Filing a Request for Reconsideration
If you disagree with the valuation of your property, you may file a Request for reconsideration, provided that one of the following conditions is met:
- A new triennial roll has been filed: The Request for reconsideration must be filed before May 1st of the first year covered by the new roll.
- The value of the property has been changed as as result of a modification (e.g.: a new building, a subdivision): The Request for reconsideration must be filed within 60 days following the date on which the Assessment Notice was sent.
In all cases, the Request for reconsideration must be filed with the Memphremagog MRC, along with the applicable fee.
For questions on property valuation, please call the firm Jean-Pierre Cadrin et associés at 819 843-3635.
- Property assessment roll - online consultation
Each entry listed in the Property assessment roll contains the following information (in French only):
- Designation and characteristics of the immovable
- Property owner(s)
- Fiscal allocation (taxable and non-taxable values)
- Triennial roll data
- Annual taxes for the current year
This service is free of charge.
New triennal roll for 2021-2022-2023
The new roll for the years 2021-2022-2023 has been received. You can consult it online by clicking on the following button:
In accordance with Section 74 of the Act Respecting Municipal Taxation, a person wishing to contest the accuracy, presence or omission of an entry on this roll with respect to a property he/she or another person owns, may file an application for review in accordance with Section I of Chapter X of this Act.
To be admissible, the application comply with the following requirements:
- It must be filed before May 1, 2021
- It must be filed at the following address, or sent by registered mail, to:
455, rue Macdonald
- It must be filed on the prescribed form, which can be obtained at the above address.
- Payment of the fee applicable to the assessment unit for which the application is filed must be enclosed. The fee schedule is set by the Memphremagog MRC’s By-law 11-97.
The annual tax bill is sent by mail to all property owners at the end of February.
Tax bills under $300 are payable in one instalment. Deadline for payment is March 30.
Tax bills totaling $300 or more may be paid in 3 instalments:
Due date Instalment 1 30 March Instalment 2 30 June Instalment 3 30 September
Overdue amounts incur interest at the rate of 15 %.
Methods of Payment
By electronic means (at the ATM, by phone or via internet)
Your Austin tax bill can be paid through the following financial institutions:
- Laurentian Bank
- Bank of Montréal
- National Bank
- Royal Bank
- Scotia Bank
- TD Bank
- Caisse Desjardins
To ensure that your payment is credited to the right account, you must provide the 18-digit registration number that appears on the detachable payment coupon at the bottom of your tax bill.
By cheque only (post-dated cheques are accepted). Please attach the payment coupon(s) to your cheque(s).
At the counter
- Debit card (preferred)
- Cheque (preferred)
Please note that credit card payments are not accepted.
Supplemental Tax Bills
A supplemental tax bill is issued when the value of a property is reviewed (following a new construction or a demolition, for example).
If the value of the property has increased: the deadline date for each instalment will be shown on the payment coupons.
If the value of the property has decreased: a credit will be applied on unpaid instalments. If the credit exceeds $50 and the annual taxes have been paid in full, a cheque will be issued.