PUBLIC NOTICE to the property owners and to the occupants of a business establishment
Wednesday 6 October 2021
Polling Day: 2021-11-07
Public notice is given by the Returning Officer, Manon Fortin, to the property owners and to the occupants of a business establishment, that:
- You may have the right to vote if, for at least one (1) year on September 1, 2021, you have been the owner of a property or the occupant of a business establishment located in Austin.
- To be eligible, you must be 18 years of age or older on polling day. You must be a Canadian citizen on September 1, 2021 and, on that date, you must not be under curatorship nor be deprived of your electoral rights.
- To exercise your right to vote, you must file:
- An application for entry if you are the sole owner of a property or the sole occupant of a business establishment;
- A power of attorney, if you are the co-owner of a property or the co-occupant of a business establishment. As such, you must designate amongst yourselves the person whose name is to be entered on the list of electors.
Please contact the Returning Officer to obtain the form corresponding to your situation. Once completed, the form must be sent to the address below.
- To be valid for the current election, your application for entry or power of attorney must be received at latest on October 23, 2021.
The application for entry or the power of attorney remains valid until it is replaced or withdrawn. To replace or withdraw an application for entry or a power of attorney, please contact the Returning Officer.
- You can elect to vote by mail. To do so, you must apply in writing to the Returning Officer, or complete Section 4 of the application for entry or power of attorney. The deadline for a registered voter to file an application to vote by mail is Wednesday, October 27, 2021. The application to vote by mail remains valid for all future elections and referendums, until it is replaced or withdrawn.
RETURNING OFFICER CONTACT INFORMATION:
21 Millington Road, Austin, Quebec, J0B 1B0
819 843-2388 ext. 222
Given in Austin on October 6, 2021,