PUBLIC NOTICE - Review of the List of Electors
Wednesday 13 October 2021
Public notice is given by Manon Fortin, Returning Officer, to the electors of the Municipality, that:
- The municipal list of electors was filed with the office of the Municipality on October 4, 2021. It will now undergo a review.
- In order to vote, you must be entered on the list of electors.
- You have the right to be entered on the list of electors if:
- You are 18 years of age or older on election day.
- On September 1, 2021:
– you were a Canadian citizen
– you were not under curatorship
– you had not been convicted of a corrupt electoral practice in the previous 5 years
- In addition, on September 1, 2021, you met one of the following two conditions:
– you were domiciled on the territory of the Municipality and for at least six months in Québec
– you had been, for at least 12 months, the owner of an immovable or the occupant of a business establishment located on the territory of the Municipality
NOTE: If you are not domiciled in the Municipality and wish to exercise your right to vote, you must send to the Returning Officer an Application for entry or a Power of attorney, as the case may be.
- You may consult the list of electors and, if you are an elector domiciled in the Municipality, you may apply to the board of revisors to register, to correct or to strike a a name from the list of electors. The board of revisors will receive such applications at Town Hall, 21, Millington Road, on the following dates and times:
Tuesday, October 19 from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m AND from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 23 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- For any application for entry of a person domiciled in the territory of the Municipality, the person who applies must indicate the previous address of the person’s domicile and present two documents: one indicating the name and date of birth of the person and the other, his or her name and domicile address.
- You may submit a written application for entry on the list of electors, for a correction or for striking a name from the list to the Returning Officer if you are domiciled in the Municipality and you are in one of the following situations:
- You are unable to travel for health reasons or you are a caregiver domiciled at the same address as such a person.
- You will be 70 years of age or older on election day.
- You must comply with an order or recommendation for isolation from public health authorities because::
– you’ve returned from a trip abroad within the last 14 days;
– you were diagnosed with COVID-19 and you are still considered a carrier of the disease;
– you are showing COVID-19 symptoms;
– you have been in contact with a suspected, probable or confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days;
– you are waiting for a COVID-19 test result.
This application must be accompanied by a copy of two documents: one showing your name and date of birth and the other showing your name and domiciliary address.
To obtain the required forms, contact the Returning Officer. Applications must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on October 23, 2021.
- If you are in one of the above-described situations and you are registered as an elector, you may also vote by mail. To do so, you must make a verbal or written request to the Returning Officer no later than October 27, 2021.
If you are requesting to vote by mail because you must comply with an order or a recommendation from public health authorities to isolate, your request can only be made from October 17, 2021 and will be valid for the current poll only. If you are one of the other situations listed above, your application will be valid for the current poll and any further proceedings that may arise from this election.
- If you are not domiciled in the Municipality and you are registered on the list of electors, you may also vote by mail. To do so, you must make a written request to the returning officer no later than October 27, 2021, by completing the appropriate section of the form allowing you to be registered on the list of electors (see section note under 3., above). Your application will be kept for all future elections and referendums until it is replaced or withdrawn.
- You can contact the Returning Officer, Manon Fortin, or the Election Clerk, Renée Donaldson, at:
Address: 21, Millington Road, Austin, Quebec J0B 1B0
Telephone: 819 843-2388
Given in Austin this 13th day of October 2021,